The American dream

 

This week I enjoyed doing my interview with my brother.  I am 8 years younger so even though I knew some of his business success, I didn’t know all of it.  It was fun talking to him and gaining some real insights into his successes and failures. After the interview I realized how much I learned from him and was sad that I hadn’t asked these questions earlier.  I have 5 brothers and all of them are entrepreneurs.  Now I am interested in all their stories and want to interview all of them because I learned so much from my oldest brother this week. 

My second oldest brother is also a very successful entrepreneur.  He and my oldest brother went into business together as young fathers but found the business didn’t support both families, so my oldest brother backed out and let the other brother do the business on his own, but after a divorce he gave the business back to the older brother.  After his divorce, this second brother got remarried then started another sweeping business.  He again sold this business to my youngest brother who became very successful with it and eventually opened a second successful business (a restaurant with his own recipes).

My 4th brother went to BYU and got an accounting degree.  He worked for a large accounting firm for 15 years, then decided to open his own firm and took some of his current clients with him.  He became successful soon after.  He has since reinvested his money in California real estate and owns a very large portfolio worth millions.

My 3rd brother is not as successful probably because he struggles with ADHD and has had some substance abuse issues.  But he too has always worked for himself as a handyman and does quite well.

We really do live it the worlds greatest country.  The American dream is out there for anyone willing to partake.  It just takes willingness to take risks and to work hard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Intro to Entrprenuership

My life's pursuit