My life's pursuit

This week, I was very intrigued by Jim Ritchie who talked about this book called “Emotional fingerprint”.  He said “Your Emotional Fingerprint is a program that helps you develop a blueprint for your feelings and emotions. It helps explain why you respond the way you do to situations in your life. It teaches that becoming aware of your emotional fingerprint or emotional DNA helps a person to make effective decisions, overcome the challenges, and achieve personal and financial goals with more effectiveness.”

He also said, “when a person learns what the key driving forces are in their life, they can begin to take control of their future”. So profound!  I wanted to include these in my journal because I don’t want to forget them.

I also appreciated his story about the old Indian chief who tells his grandson about the human experience and that inside each of us is a battle going on between two wolves, one is bad and one good. “The evil one— represented anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.”  The good one “Represented joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and even faith.”

The grandson asks which wolf wins, and the chief tells him, it’s the one you feed.  He told him that what you feed grows and what you ignore dies.  I love this analogy of good verses evil and that we all have it inside of us and its up to us which one we want to follow and feed. 

I have always been drawn to good.  I like how I feel when I do good, when I make others happy and when I am filled with kindness, empathy, and generosity.  This has been my life’s pursuit.  I have rasied 6 children, I have dedicated my life to my family.  I don’t know a profession that gives more than a stay-at-home mom.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The American dream

Week 1 Intro to Entrprenuership